This project is a new build for a small law firm currently with 4 attorneys, 19 full time/ permanent support staff, and 2-3 temporary support staff intermittently. We want the design to allow for growth to include an additional 8 support staff if needed in the future.
Would be interested in designs utilizing modular work areas (interior wallls) for legal assistant and administartive assistant offices that could be reconfigured more easily and less espensively than traditional construction, and which would allow the addition of future work spaces in the future for the 8 additional support staff noted above. However, the modular work spaces would need to have 4 walls and ceilings to allow for private discussions with clients.
The land is sloped and narrow so a two story design is likely needed. It would be preferred that the offices, receptions area, waiting area, etc be on the same main floor.
Spaces needed that would be preferred on the main floor (ground level floor from clien parking areas):
1. (4) attorney offices (15 ft. by 15 ft). Need room for wrap around L-shaped or U-shaped desk, 1-2 lateral file cabinets, 1-2 book shelves, 1 small refigerator, and 3-4 client chairs. Would like attorney offices to be spread throughout the office rather than clumped together.
2. (1) shared office/work space for office manager and bookeeper (15 ft. by 15 ft.). Looking for adjoining shared spaces with connecting door allowing the office manager's work space to be closed off for from bookeepers work space for private meetings. Needs to be close to reception area, but not necessarily visible to reception area.
3. 13 shared offices (12 ft. by 12 ft.) for legal assistants and administrative assistants that work as a team. Prefer some partial seperation of work areas between each legal assistant and administrative assistant. Legal assistant portion of work space needs room for L-shaped desk, chair, 3-4 client chairs, and 1 book shelf. Administrative assistant work space needs room for a desk, chair, and 1 shelf. Want windows allowing visibility into and out of office to hallway.
4. Lunch/break room. Need not be big enought to fit all staff at one time, but big enough for 15 or so staff/attorneys at one time. Should include space for sink, small preperation counter top, refrigerator, diswasher, cabinets/ drawers for dishes, and food.
5. 4 small uni-sex restrooms spread through the work area, but close to attorney offices (toilet, sink, and cabinet).
6. Waiting area big enough for 20 visitors, magazine stand, and a small play area for children.
7. Reception work area large enough for 2 support staff and allowing for computer monitors to be not viisible to visitors.
8. Medium size uni-sex client restroom in waiting area (toiled, sink, cabinet, baby changing station)
9. Computer server room/storage room for office supplies (10 ft. by 10 ft.)
10. Copy/mail sorting room in central location.
11. work space for 2-4 temporary employees (could be in copy/mail sorting area.
12. Mechanical room for heating pump, etc. (could compbiend iwth computter server storage room.
13. Medium size conference room large enough for a table that fits 10-12 people, a few cabinets to store a few glasses, coffee mugs, misc. other items, small refrigerator, small sink, large wall mounted TV, and small side table to hold telephone, phone books, etc , and 5-10 other people seated along a wall.
14. storage closet for janitorial supplies, snow shovel, etc.
Spaces that could be included in a basement floor:
1. large multipurpose meeting room (35 ft. by 35 ft--or whatever is needed to fit enough tables and chairs to seat 34-40 people (all staff, all attorneys, and a few guests). One wall left open to serve as back drop for projector mounted on ceiling. Cabinets, small sink, small refrigerator
2. large men's restroom with shower, toilet, sink, and cabinets.
3. large women's restroom with shower, toilet, sink and cabinets.
4. large storage room for closed files and misc. storage
5. If it can fit given everything else that is needed above and the space available then a work out room with space for 2-3 treadmills, 2-3 elyptical machines, and a weight machine
Additional elements needed:
1. Parking for up to 20 visitors
2. Parking for 34 staff/attorneys (would like covered parking for as many staff and attorneys as the design can allow.
2. picnic area large enough for 3 picnic tables behind building for staff to eat/take breaks in the spring/summer/fall. With some sort of pergolla to provide shade.
The office is in Yakima, WA, USA. It is a dry desert area with abundant sunshine. Agriculture (apples, cherries, pears, hops, asparagus, etc.) is important to the firm's clients and we would like that subtly reflected in the design. We prefer a more rustic, northwest style but with it leaning toward a modern, clean lined approach. A fireplace in the lobby would be nice. Would like the design to allow as much natural light as possible to enter the buildling.
A large wood table with a "raw" edge will be the conference table in the medium conference room on teh main floor. Pictures of similar tables will be uploaded soon. So the style of the conference room and rest of the office should fit with that table. It would be nice to tie that into other design features as well such as waiting room end tables, reception area window desk.
Many clients are disabled so parking, entry, restrooms, and halllways need to be designed for their comfort and mobility.
Note: pictures of styles that are liked will be uploaded soon.