We recently remodeled the first floor of our Potomac River "paddle cabin" and now need furnish the space. We're looking for your help with furniture selection and layout for the living room and sun room areas, along with a dining/breakfast table in the kitchen area.
The main deliverable we want is a list of furniture to buy that's available for delivery to Sharpsburg Maryland. (stores like Crate & Barrel, Pier 1, Ikea, etc). Our budget is $10,000-$15,000
Attached is a floor plan along with pictures of the space. I've also attached some ideas for furniture layout. Here are some notes:
1. Our overall design vision for the cabin is a "charming, stylish, comfortable retreat."
2. As background, I'm an urban man and tech entrepreneur in my late 30s. My friend is a government executive in his 50s. We like a contemporary loft look in the city, but we're not that really translates to a river cabin.
3. It's likely that we'll move between the living room and the sun room — a long narrow room with stunning views of the river — as our primary "lounge areas." There's currently a 54'' flat screen TV in the living room. Typical lounge activities include watching TV, reading, entertainment, and working on our laptops.
5. In the sun room, the far right side (facing the river) has the better view.
6. We'd like a table with seating for 4 people for eating breakfast, dinner, etc (though many meals we may eat in front of the TV in the living area).
7. It would be nice to have a little work space in the sun room, a place where I can work on my laptop with views of the river. Not essential.
We're excited to see what you come up with. Thank you!