We have a staircase issue in our home.
There is only one way to get from the first floor to the second floor of the home and that is by way of a spiral staircase. Its a tough way to maneuver up and down stairs as the only other way to get to the second floor is by going outside the house and then up a set of deck stairs.
This was cool back in the day but its now a big problem as our family ages and we have grandchildren that will be at risk.
We looking for a better way to get up and down the stairs.
create a new staircase that get's us up and down the stairs without chewing up valuable floor or living space. We would even entertain a bump-out of the front of the house by the Spiral staircase if it means that we get a beautiful staircase and save vital living space.
We love light... we plan on taking our home more toward a Contemporary Key West style remodel in the next couple years. We will be changing the exterior finish from vinyl siding and grey stucco over the cinder blocks to more of a natural or faux stone around the exterior of the first floor with a stucco or clapboard exterior on the second floor.
The wood deck around the second floor will be changing toward a more contemporary look (cable design) next year too.
- the long span that they requested a distance on is 26'
- the garage is 19'
- front door and side panels is 5'
- 2' between the garage and front door
- the stairs going up (outside) are ~14'
- all double panel windows are ~5' wide and 4' tall
- distance on the first floor - far right wall and window is ~9'
- small window is 2'
_doubles are 5' x 4'
- door is 3'
-double freench doors on the far right are 8'
- the wide span at the top of the rendering is 27'
2. Wide enough for multiple traffic patterns
3. Creative in design offering great curb appeal
4. A focal point that we can build off of for the next remodel
executable blueprints with dimensions and buildout of the staircase and/or bump-out to the front of the house:
-Floor plan 1/4”=1' scale, (1/50)
-Section 1/4"=1' scale, (1/50)
-Relevant eye-level view(s)
Be creative yet pragmatic.