I need to finish out my front entrance as part of my home remodeling. A front entrance with door wide porch and overhang, walkway and front yard landscape.
Remove the sidewalk and build a front porch entrance that meshes with the house so as not to stand out on its own. I am working with a Renovation Home Company but I need a design so that the company and I know exactly what the outcome will be.
1. Area of design for the front entrance porch and landscape is the area from the length of the driveway (38 feet) to the tree ring (50 feet).
2. Area of design for the porch is the width of the front door (7 feet), from the left brick line left of the door to the right brick line to the right of the door.
3. Dimension of the porch should be 7 x7 feet.
4. Steps down from the porch should be the width of the porch. Use 7/11 rule.
5. Walkway in front of the porch steps is the same width as the steps.
6. Walkway in front of the porch steps should be 4 feet long
7. Side walk leading back to the drive way should be 4 feet wide.
8. Flagpole on the north side of the porch.
9. Power outlets beneath the living room window should be accessible in the landscape design.
10. Landscaping design should consider the hot summers and morning sun when selecting plants.
The porch design is most important.
- PLAN VIEW: Scale 1/4"-1' (or 1/50)
- FRONT ELEVATION VIEW: Scale 1/4"-1' (or 1/50)
- PERSPECTIVE/AXONOMETRIC VIEWS: where necessary
NOTE FROM CLIENT:
I just realized that when I uploaded my project that I forgot to include the height of the porch which is 7 inches. This means that the porch will step down to the sidewalk and no step work is needed.